Children’s illustrated stories are a great pleasure to create. Though usually very time consuming, they are a lot of fun. I provide a range of styles that span from near fine art to simple cartoons. I have illustrated subject matter that moves from teaching a child how to manage money, to dealing with ridicule for having a big nose.
The typical process looks like this:
- I read the story and ask questions.
- I provide initial concept sketches and make adjustments.
- Approved sketches have typesetting applied and the page is designed.
- Approved concepts are inked, colored, and digitized.
- Final files are formatted and exported for pre-press.